... back in the day of AIM, my profile was like a pre-blog. I kept up "confidential" messages to friends, posted links I thought people might find interesting, and most importantly, constantly updated two lists that I called (everybody together now) "People Who Rock" and "People Who Suck".Now, where's my fruit roll up (damnit). Here we go with the inaugural Depressed Extrovert's People Who Rock, People Who Suck!!
I was super creative.
But teenager (and early 20s) angst and anger aside, it was pretty cathartic. I mean, George Bush was a mainstay of course (on the People Who Suck list, duh. If you need to ask, please step away from the blog), but when I was REALLY pissed off I could CAPITALIZE his name or add LOTS!!!!!! of exclamation points.Also.
People Who Rock was nice, because when someone did something I really liked (like give me presents) they could be recognized! And recognition is always good, right? Even if the present is like, a fruit roll up?
People Who Rock:
- My boss. In fact, my entire team. I love my job;
- My therapist Dr. R. She is the best, and we had a philosophical discussion about health insurance this morning that made my day;
- My lovely friend Hilary who is in town for the first time since she moved (WHAT! TRAGIC!);
- The maid of honor in an upcoming 2013 wedding. She is an unhinged bitch and in being one, cracked the HELL up out of me (no that is not appropriate grammar. Deal);
- The nonprofit for which I volunteer (and which will remain nameless). They do amazing work, every single day. My Tuesdays are better for it. Actually, my life is. And I'm but one of the literal thousands of which that is true;
- My coworker B (initials will replace names when they're too uncommon! Like mine!) and my former coworker Manuela. Those girls kept and keep me happy, content and laughing. Related: Farkel; and
- You guys. SO HAPPY TO BE BACK Y'ALL!
People Who Suck:
- Wayne LaPierre (well, right);
- Bashar al-Assad. AND Asmaa. Nero fiddled while Rome burned, you guys fucked?! What the fucking fuck is wrong with you?;
- For that matter, Iran's current regime and Hezbollah;
- Bibi Netanyahu for being a warmongering jackass who like Donald Trump. Weirdo;
- Chris Christie. Either until he stops hating on cops and teachers (the very people who you know, MAKE SOCIETY RUN IN A CIVIL WAY), he is number five on the people who suck list. Because he sucks, times five*;
- The Obama administration for "making concessions" (ie giving into to assholes) on the birth control mandate. WTF guys?!; and
- Rape culture. People who don't help fix it. People who ENABLE it. People like those in Steubenville, OH and at Notre Dame and Penn State. You are ASKING FOR a smackdown.
*Christie almost got himself OFF the (well, in limbo at the time) list with his reaction to Hurricane Sandy. And then he showed himself to be a douchenozzle about Obamacare and in general, I was reminded that he sucks and he is in charge of my beloved home state. So screw you, sucker.
On that note? HAPPY WEEKEND EVERYONE!