People Who Rock:
- My friend Laura for sending me the Downton Abbey facebook recaps. There's something about seeing the 1920s dramz played through the 2013 medium that makes my frown (and by frown, I mean sobs. Hysterical sobs) turn upside down (subside somewhat). Dowager Countess FTW;
- Matthew Perry as Chandler Bing. I know he probably wants to move on, but my owning all 10 seasons honestly gets me through the shitty times (and the excellent times, let's be honest). Could I BE any more grateful?;
- My brother and my friend Johanna. They are AWESOME. Also, turning 28 and 29 this weekend. Happy happy joy joy hope the weather doesn't ruin your plans. No seriously, BIRTHDAYS!;
- The HIMYM creators and writers. Also, you know - the cast. Bob Saget. Dave Coulier. All for making my Monday night just... stellar;
- Jon Stewart. Thanks for keeping my spirits up, bud;
- Rais Bhuiyan. What an inspiration of a way to turn a horrendous life experience into something joyful; and
- BON JOVI!!! Who I will be seeing this Sunday night, courtesy of some schmoes in Vegas who lost some dough to my friend Hil and her husband. THANKS GAMBLERS! I'll be thinking of you as I live on a prayer.
People Who Suck:
- Red tape. UGGGGGGGH;
- Facebook friends who comment on everything you post just to rile you up because they know exactly how to do so. It's petty! It makes ME petty! STOP;
- Money. Capitalism. The job market blowing so hard from 2009-20...now that people I love (including myself) are consistently screwed. Also, reminders of that (here's looking at you, IRS);
- Hormones or serotonin or the opposite of those or WHATEVER chemical it is that makes me want to hide in my dark bedroom, and has all week. Eff you, science. Well, not the study thereof. Just the actually ish behind Dark Days (and no, I do not mean President Snow and the Capitol, although yes of course they suck too);
- Chris Christie. Either until he stops hating on cops and teachers (the very people who you know, MAKE SOCIETY RUN IN A CIVIL WAY), he is number five on the people who suck list. Because he sucks, times five;
- Calories? I honestly don't know what happened. This week I'm pretty good! I went to ZUMBA last night. So what the fucking fuck, scale; and
- Speaking of Zumba, the drunk chick at the gym last night. OK, maybe she wasn't drunk. But she was all up in my space and then others' too. I almost missed 4 of the precious few minutes a week I don't feel like a super clompy white girl to report her. But then she figured it out? Meaning she was no longer in my line of sight. Point is - you suck lady. Suck. Suck. Suck.
To my fam/friends/readers up north - stay warm! Stay safe! Go sledding for me! Everyone else - it's Friday baby, and even if you're (I'm) still grumbling, it's about to get better. If only because you can sleep for a few more hours!!